Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior; and on the profession of faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now, in the presence of God, angels, and his assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of the Church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the Church, the relief of the poor, and spread the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage, and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rule of our Savior, to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will as soon as possible unite with some other Church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant, and the principles of God’s word.
ARTICLES OF FAITH
- We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God.
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God, and God the Son.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and just for the unjust the He might bring us to God.
- We believe the He rose from the grave on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- We believe the He, only is the great high Priest and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for me.
- We believe that Christ will come again in person, bodily, visibly, to establish his kingdom on Earth.
- We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again… “Ye must be born again.” (Jn. 3:3).
- We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (complete immersion in water) setting for the Lord’s death, burial, and resurrection.
- We believe that all Christians are called unto a life of separation from worldly sinful practices and to a life of usefulness for Christ (II Cor. 6:17, II Pet. 1:2-9).
- We believe that Christ keeps those who are truly born again (II Tim. 1:12, Jn. 10:28).
- We believe that at Christ’s coming in the air, the bodies of the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible and reunite with soul and spirit; the bodies of Christians who are alive shall be changed and glorified, and without dying, shall be caught up to be with the Lord (I Thess. 4:13-17, I Cor. 15:51-53). The saved will then appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be rewarded for their deeds (II Cor. 5:10, I Cor. 3:11-15). After these things, Christ will return bodily and visibly to the earth and his saints and shall rule the world in righteousness for a thousand years at the end of which the unsaved dead will be resurrected and their judgment and condemnation shall take place (Mt. 24:30-31, Rev. 19:11-16, Rev. 20:5-6, 11, 15).
- We believe that the Church is a body of baptized believers whose only mission is to not “reform the world” but to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul.