PUENTE HILLS BAPTIST CHURCH
We are hiring!
Puente Hills Baptist Church (PHBC) is searching for a new Senior Pastor, who by God’s grace will help lead the church to new heights spiritually and numerically.
PHBC is located in Covina, California, situated twenty-two miles east of downtown Los Angeles, in the San Gabriel Valley. Covina has a population of 51,256 and is a part of Los Angeles County. Covina is a racially diverse city. The city’s population is comprised of: Hispanics – 58.8%, Whites – 22.5%, Asians – 13%, African Americans – 3.8%, Other – 1.9%.
PHBC is a Bible-based independent Baptist Church whose purpose and mission is to strive by the help of God and the power of the Holy Spirit to carry out the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have been in existence for 66 years. PHBC supports thirty missionaries around the world. Our motto is: The sun never sets on the ministry of Puente Hills Baptist Church. While some are sleeping, others are teaching and winning souls every day, all around the world. We have a deaf ministry that serves the deaf community of Southern California. We also have a fledgling Spanish Ministry striving to serve the Spanish speaking community of Covina. Our membership is comprised of fifty-five racially diverse families, with a greater percentage of adults and seniors. Fifty percent of our membership live within ten miles of the church and fifty percent live outside of ten miles from the church.
The pastor will oversee and supervise the affairs of the Church. He will be the moderator of the Church and preside at all business meetings, serve as ex-officio member of all committees, and in all matters shall function as the president.
Our ideal pastor will:
· Be an ordained Baptist minister
· Preach and teach from the King James version of the Holy Bible
· Implement plans for growth and expansion of the membership of the church
· Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revivals or other special services and other outreach efforts
· Proclaim the word of God during an adult Sunday school, a regular worship service on Sunday mornings and a Bible study on Wednesday nights
· Administer communion, visit the sick and shut-in, officiate at funerals, weddings, baptisms, and other duties incumbent on the office
· Provide spiritual outreach and leadership, motivate, nurture, and equip the congregation to be true disciples of Jesus
· Oversee pastoral staff
· Provide direction for the church programs
· Responsibly manage the church’s finances
· Demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills
· Have a college degree, preferably in divinity, or its equivalent from an accredited seminary. Or six years of experience as a full time Baptist minister